These mobile games feel more like Metal Gear than Metal Gear Survive
Metal Gear Survive launches on console and PC this week, but in the lead-up to release there's been a distinctly negative reaction from fans of Konami's legendary stealth series.
Whether the game turns out to be good or not (the initial reaction seems to be pretty positive), it's not hard to see why.
This is the first Metal Gear game made in the post-Hideo Kojima era. The colourful series creator acrimoniously parted ways with publisher Konami immediately after Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain hit shops in 2015.
Not only that, but Metal Gear Survive appears to have been made rather hastily from components of that aforementioned masterpiece. What's more, it's nothing like the Metal Gear Solid games we know and love. Instead of a single player military stealth adventure, Metal Gear Survive is a multiplayer-focused survival game with zombies in it.
The last Posts from "Pocket Gamer"
- Return to Morrowind in The Elder Scrolls: Legends' latest, biggest expansion
- Pocket Gamer Podcast: Episode 435 - Fortnite vs Fortcraft
- Review: Lost in the Dungeon review - A card-based dungeon crawler that's got a few too many problems
- Fortnite mobile vs PUBG mobile - Which is best?
- App Army Assemble: Reed - A cute pixelated platformer that lacks dimension
- Kirby: Star Allies cheats and tips - Quick tips on finding every collectible
- Kirby: Star Allies cheats and tips - Everything you need to know to get started
- AIIA is the new MMORPG that brings a console-quality experience to Android
- My Tamagotchi Forever Diary - The trials and tribulations of being a virtual pet owner
- Yes we DID need Fortnite on mobile
- Review: Death Coming review - Murder most horrid, or a dark and interesting puzzler?
- The first lot of Fortnite beta invitations have gone out, but don't worry if you haven't got one yet
- Review: .Projekt review - A smart spatial puzzler that casts a long shadow
- Take a sneaky look at one of the cards from Shadowverse's next expansion, Dawnbreak, Nightedge
- Harry's hot takes: Battle royale games, mobile or not, are all absolute garbage
- Dino survival game ARK: Survival Evolved coming to mobile this spring
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp's fishing tourney is now live
- Lost in the Dungeon lets you loose in the catacombs with just a deck of cards to protect you
- Best new iOS and Android games out this week: Armello, Death Coming, My Tamagotchi Forever, and more
- It's a good time to be a Switch and mobile gamer as the BAFTA Games Awards nominations include some real gems
The headlines of HighGeekly
Adjustable Computer Desk
Why buy network rack? They are designed in a magnificent way and can handle several network devices at a particular time. By offering extra storage one can easily secure their...
Yakuza Kiwami 2 Is Coming To The West, And We Got To Play It
Sega hosted an art exhibit at a Los Angeles gallery today, celebrating the art, including the designs created by tattoo artist Horitomo, for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life , That...
Kingdom Come: Deliverance's Save-Improving Patch Available Now
Although it strives for realism over gameplay, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is made of code and bits just like any other game, and one of the biggest issues we had with it on...
Trump-linked firm Cambridge Analytica collected personal information from 50...
Data firm Cambridge Analytica accessed data from 50 million Facebook users during the 2016 US presidential campaign without the users' permission. Facebook suspended the firm...
NY Times: Consultants to the Trump campaign accessed 50 million Facebook...
According to a report in today's New York Times, a company called Cambridge Analytica illegally grabbed data from 50 million Facebook profiles without the permission of the...
Is the Samsung Galaxy S9 enough of an upgrade, or are you waiting for...
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched t his past Friday, but public excitement about the release seems low. This is probably due to the Samsung Galaxy S9's lack of an iPhone...
Fortnite Just Pulled A Weapon Due To A Bug
Off-the-wall Boogie Bomb has been pinpointed as the source of a bug, so it has been temporarily removed until Epic can fix the problem.
Fight Over Pokémon Go Gym Inspires Washington Man To Attack Players With A...
Pokémon Go-related mishaps and real-life incidents were all the rage when the game was on top of the world back in 2016, as the game's millions of players began meeting each...
Les nouveaux processeurs Intel anti Spectre et Meltdown arrivent
Intel continue de réagir afin d'enrayer les failles Spectre et Meltdown. Après avoir proposé des mises à jour de ses logiciels, la société va plus loin en proposant des puces à...
Myst Developer Re-Releasing Entire Franchise On PC Later This Year
Myst, which Game Informer recently named one of top 300 games of all time, was a landmark title for video games, showing a whole new generation of players the magic of an...
T-Mobile updating Galaxy S8 and S8+ to Android 8.0 Oreo
Just a couple of days after Verizon began pushing Android 8.0 to its Galaxy S8 and S8+ , another major US carrier has started updating its own GS8 and GS8+ to Oreo. T-Mobile is...