Apple is switching to in-house OLED screens in 2018
Apple might be trying to buy all the OLED panels available right now, but Tim Cook & Co have something else in mind for 2018. The company purchased chemical vapor deposition machines from Korean company to start building an in-house 2.5G OLED display right in time for the next-year iPhone.
According to sources, Apple is steering away from the dependence it currently has on Samsung's OLED screens. This move also breaks the monopoly by Canon Tokki, a leading provider of CVD machinery. In 2017 it supplied sets of OLED manufacturing equipment to Samsung and has plans to keep...
The last Posts from "GSMArena"
- Week 28 in review: iPhone rumors gather traction, Mi Max 3 getting bigger
- Smartphone World Cup: The final
- Sunday debate: Are our smartphone processors fast enough?
- Top 10 trending phones of week 28
- Benchmarking the Snapdragon 710
- The BlackBerry KEY2 video review is up
- Weekly poll: What makes a good smartwatch?
- Counterclockwise: mad scientist ideas for phone keyboards
- Weekly poll results: wide cameras still beat telephoto ones as monochrome ones fade
- Wearables - what to expect in 2018
- Google Chrome for desktop receives major redesign in latest nightly build
- The vivo NEX S comes out of a torture test looking pretty good
- In-display fingerprint becomes increasingly popular, the Leagoo S10 to have it
- Xiaomi Mi 8 SE in for review
- Nokia 6.1 Plus pops up on Geekbench days before the official global launch
- TWRP custom recovery support list expanded to include the Xperia X, LG G5 and more
- Moto E5 Play Android Go Edition announced - bigger display, less RAM, more affordable
- Photoshop coming to iPad in 2019
- Twitter rolls out bottom navigation bar to everyone on Android
- Honor sets an event for July 24, Honor 9X incoming
The headlines of HighGeekly
The best HP ZBook Studio 15 G4 deals - Amazon Prime edition
The HP ZBook Studio 15 G4 shows how you can take a brilliant workstation laptop and improve on it in almost every way to make an even better product. We say almost every way...
Score $20 off your $60 purchase of razors, Rogaine and more in this early...
The easiest decision you'll make today. Prime Day 2018 is one day away, but some Prime Day deals have already started. Shopping the early deals now is smart, because tomorrow...
Terror terraforming tale Tether placed on indefinite hold
Tether is a game about terraforming Mars. Not for Elon Musk “because I have something to prove” reasons, but because the Earth is dying and the Moon got blown up. You know...
Smartphone World Cup: The final
It's been a long and exciting tournament - passions high and tensions rising, especially in the two semi-final matches. We've tallied up the scores and the final is lined-up...
WWE Extreme Rules 2018 Betting Odds: This Is Not A Happy Rusev Day
If you're a wrestling/sports entertainment fan-specifically WWE-then you're ready to go for tonight's PPV Extreme Rules , which will air on the WWE Network. This show tends to...
Pokemon Go: Last Chance To Catch This Legendary; Get Ready For Zapdos Day
Whether you've been part of the festivities in Chicago or celebrating in your own hometown, today is the last day you'll be able to capture Lugia in raid battles during Pokemon...
Purge Twitter: l'audience de certaines célébrités fond comme neige au soleil
Twitter a effectué il y a quelques jours un petit nettoyage sur son réseau, de façon à éliminer tous les comptes douteux. Et surprise, pour certaines stars ou hommes...
Écran Oled: Huawei devrait se passer de LG et Samsung à l'avenir
Huawei étant devenu un des leaders mondiaux en matière de smartphones, celui-ci change petit à petit de stratégie pour devenir plus indépendant. Dans cette perspective que le...
Watch all your favorite shows with the Roku Streaming Stick for $35
Faster, better, cheaper. The Roku Streaming Stick media streaming device normally sells between $48 and $50. It dropped to $40 a couple times back in May and earlier, but this...
Chris Christie defends DNC chair Donna Brazile in fiery panel on the new...
Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie defended former Democratic National Committee chairwoman Donna Brazile's criticism of the media's handling of the 2016 hacking of the...